Divorce, Custody and Blended Families
API's Eight Principles of Parenting are recommended companion readings as the foundation and context for all of our research-based resources.
Latest research: Attachment goes to court: child protection and custody issues
This extensive literature review is the most current, authoritative, evidence-based guide for court decisions about children. Published by 70 prominent attachment and developmental researchers, this paper gives the child a voice and guides court decisions that are concerned with the welfare of children.
Free Resources from the API Library and Publications
- Provide Consistent and Loving Care - one of API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- Strive for Personal Balance in Your Personal and Family Life - another of API's Eight Principles of Parenting
- In Search of Support: My Experience as a Single AP Mom
- Blending In
- Read Children of Divorce: Divorce and Attachment (PDF) by Isabelle Fox, PhD
- Read Overnights: The Difference Between Night and Day by Isabelle Fox, PhD
- Do Two Halves Make a Whole?
- What Can a Parent Targeted by Parental Alienation Do?